Horses of all shapes, sizes, and breeds can benefit from the use of poultice. Oftentimes, exercise or strenuous activity can cause inflammation and discomfort especially in the legs and surrounding tissues. As a result, the horse can experience longer than normal recovery times and its overall performance can be affected. Finish Line®’s poultices are clay based pastes that can be easily applied to horses’ lower legs and hooves. The poultice works by drawing excess heat and fluid from the tissues. This helps cool and tighten horses legs after exercise or strenuous activity.
Original Premium™ Poultice was Finish Line®’s first product developed when the company was founded in 1975. Since this time, Original Premium™ Poultice has become one of the best selling poultices in the USA and has become a top choice for hall of fame trainers and Olympic riders worldwide. Original Premium™ Poultice is known for its easy application, reliable consistency, and highly effective action in cooling and tightening the legs after exercise.
Original Premium™ Poultice has the following benefits for your horse:
- Extra cooling and tightening action with the essential oils: peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, and oil of wintergreen
- Supports recovery and provides the temporary relief from minor stiffness and soreness in the legs and hooves after exercise
- Helps draw heat and fluid in the legs and hooves
- Can be used daily and will not scurf or blister
- Easy on and easy off application